What better way to get throgh a midweek mood slump than by eating something yummy?
It’s usually Wednesday that gives you that feeling that the week just started and you already can’t wait for it to end – and yet you’re only hald way through. Or maybe you have so much stuff to do this week, that by Wednesday you are already drained and just need some kind of pick me up.
Diets can be hard, exactly because eating delicious food usually makes you happy – and so it’s often a form of comfort for people. It’s hard to imagine something that is healthy can still be equally delicious and serve the purpose of ‘comfort food’, but believe us, it’s true! It’s not just a myth fit people tell you, and make you think their definition of copmfort food is likely a piece of celery instead of a piece of cake. Healthy comfort food is very real, and people who have worked on their nutrition and healthy recipes are very well aware of the fact!
And now, we’re about to make sure you’re aware of it too!
Here is a delicious breakfast recipe that you can make to start the day on a sweet note.
Simple Vegan Waffles
Tired of smoothies and plain oatmeal for breakfast? Say goodbye to routine, and hello to these perfectly crispy on the outside, tender on the inside wafflettes.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp agave nectar, coconut sugar, or maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- Blueberries or chopped strawberries to serve
1. Preheat waffle iron to your desired setting.
2. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients.
4. Pour wet ingredients in dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Let sit for a few minutes.
5. Pour batter onto the pre-heated waffle iron and cook until golden brown. It may take a few more minutes to cook since they’re eggless.
6. Once they’re done, don’t stack them to ensure crispiness.
7. Top with favorite fruit and more maple syrup.
Time to sit back, and enjoy the little bit of sweetness this added to your week! Let us know how you liked this recipe in the comments below.